Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"First Aid", "Rabindranath Tagore", "Robert Burns", "Walter P. Ruther" and "Tyres" are the latest TOBY CARDS to come off the drawing board. Click on any image to scale it up.

A few of the photographs that I employ come from screen shots from the internet and old newspaper clippings. I attempt to always use unattributed images and to alter the work to quite an appreciable degree. Naturally, should I receive notice of copyright infringement, I will immediately remove the offending image from stock and publish an apology immediately.

Remember, the colours you see on a computer's screen aren't necessarily those you'll see on the actual card. Printing on uncoated stock, one not produced especially for inkjet, has its drawbacks, but I greatly prefer the matte surface to a glossy one. I am also interested in using a paper that can be written on with any instrument, be it pencil, ballpoint, etc. Weight, opacity and score-ability (?)for folding are further concerns

No comments: