Saturday, September 1, 2007

My name is Ian Short. I've made postcards for years and years, but only decided to get serious about the business end of things about a month ago. With the encouragement and assistance of a long time acquaintance of mine, the vituperative, foul mouthed blogger on the left, bluegal, I've set up this site as a means of allowing my work to be better known to a broader, and, yes, hipper audience!

I print out the cards on an Epson inkjet printer one at a time, so "inventory" is usually quite low. As of today, I have about sixty or so different card images stored on my little dual-core imac. All the cards were created from an eclectic pile of old images, a scanner and Adobe Photoshop 10.

When and if I receive enough positive feed-back on a particular selection or group of cards, I may very well abandon the least popular, and concentrate on the production of those that sell. I'll still try to come up with one or two new cards every week.

I make the cards primarily for self amusement, since I have absolutely no sense of how they'll be received, or even less of a true business sense about anything. Most of the people that I've shown my cards to respond positively. I've even sold some to a local museum's gift shop, and placed twenty or so on consignment with a pretty hip gallery in town. I hope you'll like them too.

No comments: